Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Jardenea - Washington, DC

What's NEXT: Jardenea, tucked away inside the Melrose Hotel, is a restaurant serving New American cuisine. This is a great place if you're looking to impress for a great date. The restaurant is modern, upscale and quite trendy. 

However, when we came on New Year's Eve, I thought the food was okay, nothing spectacular. Maybe the fact that it was a 6 course $90 price fixe menu had something to do with it. Generally, for a restaurant that doesn't normally offer a price fixe menu, this could be the issue. 

I thought that the food, although well presented, was not very well seasoned. I thought the duck was quite bland and other courses. Also, the steak received varied among each one of us (I went with 5 others). Everyone asked for Med-Rare and people received steaks Rare to Well Done. This is what I thought was a serious flaw for a restaurant with so much potential. 

I thought the experience was great and I would definitely come back. We'll just try on a normal night and see if the food is more up to par.

3/5 Stars










No comments:

Post a Comment