Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Taco Bamba – Falls Church, Va


What's NEXT: Taco Bamba is led by Chef Victor Albisu, whose offering up his Mexican taco creations in Falls Church, Va. I had the urge to eat there after a long day at King’s Dominion and I was ready to devour some tacos. Each regular taco is $3, but you can get 3 for $8 which I get every time. They do offer specialty tacos at $4+.


The Menu is quite extensive with tacos featuring:
Carne Asado – Grilled Beef
Barbacoa – Shredded Beef
Carnitas – Shredded Pork Confit
Cecina – Seared Beef
Chorizo – Mexican Sausage
Enchilada – Spiced Pork
Lengua – Beef Tongue
Al Pastor – Pork and Pineapple
Tripa – Beef Small Intestine
Ting a- Stewed chicken


The tacos itself were surprisingly flavorful. I decided to order the lengua, carnitas and cecina. Each taco had heaping amounts of meat and by the end of the 3rd taco, I was surprisingly full. Along with the chips and guacamole appetizer, I knew I couldn't fit another taco in my stomach.

There’s also a sauce bar featuring a multitude of different sauces and salsas available. I prefer what I call the “green crack sauce”. It’s a spicy blend of jalapenos, peppers, cilantro and lime. Trust me, after you've had it, you’ll understand why I call it what it is.

The service is quick and there’s barstool seating. There’s no tables,  but just enough seating for 15 customers. It’s slowing becoming a popular place among the locals for takeout or a quick meal.

Overall, Taco Bamba has fulfilled my 3 main taco criteria:
1.       The tortillas cannot break when eating
2.       Must be enough meat on each taco
3.       Affordable

4/5 Stars

Tacos and Sauces

3 Tacos for $8


Storefront


No comments:

Post a Comment