Sunday, July 7, 2013

#PhillyEdition Spice 28 - Philadelphia, PA

What's NEXT: While Philadelphia is known for the cheesesteak, many people don't know that Szechuan cuisine is taking over this city by storm. With the addition of Spice 28 into the restaurant scene, restauranteurs are experience asian cuisine is a much different form: the use of Szechuan peppercorns.

I've been to Spice 28 a few times now and I'm always happy with the quality of the dishes. Since I enjoy eating food on the spicier side (aka sweating), we decided to order the chicken in hot chili oil, cucumbers in spicy sauce, green beans with black bean curd, spicy beef in dry pot, mango chicken, and sautéed spinach with garlic. Out of these dishes, my favorites were the chicken in hot chili oil appetizer and the spicy beef in dry pot. Both were extremely spicy and had a great texture as well. Since I enjoy eating Szechuan cuisine, I was sweating in no time. All of the dishes were well executed and I would definitely go back.

If you're not into Szechuan Cuisine (Spicy Food), they also offer a Asian Fusion menu as well with thai dishes etc.

Dishes were very fairly priced. Appetizers were $3-8, entrees were $10-15. The service was very smooth as well. I made a reservation for a group of 5 and we were seated immediately.

Also, if you check in on Yelp, they also offer 10% off you bill.


Stars: 4/4 Stars

Chicken in Hot Chili Oil


Cucumbers in Spicy Sauce

Green Beans in Black Bean Curd

Spicy Beef in Dry Pot

Mango Chicken

Sautéed Spinach with Garlic


No comments:

Post a Comment